Wednesday, May 27, 2009

After class today I went on a solo trip to Brighton which is on the coast, an hour by train, directly South of London. I was interested in seeing the Royal Pavilion, and it just happened to be Garden Week there, with numerous activities, including a lecture from designer Andy Sturgeon on The Making of a Modern Garden. It was described as being a whirlwind tour of gardens from ancient Greeks to present day. It was so interesting, and I wrote down a ton of ideas I'd like to try when I get home! :)
The Royal Pavilion was breathtakingly beautiful inside and out! While I'm much more partial to the outside, the inside also had some amazing embellishments and furnishings! Feel free to check out their website to view the inside, as personal photos were not permitted.






No comments:

Post a Comment