Wednesday, May 20, 2009

There is soooo much to look at! They've been running us ragged since we got here! I didn't sleep a wink on the plane, but got a decent night's sleep in my PRIVATE room! I'm one of the few who lucked out and was able to bunk alone! My room is beautiful!!! I feel like I'm staying in an IKEA showroom! :) I'm so happy I went overboard and packed my own pillow and sheets though. The ones provided were a bit scratchy! I have a cute little kitchenette studio with a bathroom en suite. While the shower is so small I find myself praying I don't drop anything, for fear I'd have to get out just to be able to pick it up, it's all very new and adorable!

I'm also very happy I packed my rollerblades! Once my legs recover from the flight and get used to all the extra walking, I'm looking forward to taking a nice ride through one of the many park surrounding our housing. We're in the Kensington area, and everywhere I look, it's so beautiful. I've had to quit taking pictures because otherwise, I'd have a camera in my face every second. All the buildings are so old and beautifully adorned! The windows and doors and fences and staircases and roofs and chimneys are all just amazing! The city doesn't seem to have changed from what I remember seeing as a child in Mary Poppins or Peter Pan! :)

Some of the first things I noticed on the ride from the airport were all the exquisite cars with the comically large license plates and the adorable taxis everywhere! Everything was so green, and even though three-story homes are quite common, the tree tops still towered above their rain-stained, sagging rooftops. I have so much more to write, but I would like to get some dinner, make some calls and catch up on some sleep! :)

I'll look forward to telling you more tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment