Friday, May 22, 2009

My new friend Emily and I took the Tube from High Street Kensington to Embankment where we planned to ride on the London Eye and tour Westminster Abbey, since it was closed the day of our city tour.









The line for the London Eye was so long, we decided to head to Westminster Abbey first.







It was such a beautiful day today! The combination of blue sky and drifting clouds was perfect to capture this stunning picture of the House of Parliament and the Clock Tower that houses "Big Ben."







I loved being able to see the London Eye from in between the other buildings, while standing in front of Westminster Abbey.






I also loved the towering silhouettes of the spires on the House of Parliament.





The House of Parliament is such a beautiful building! I think it's one of my favorites so far! I'm looking forward to touring the facility with our British Life and Culture class on Monday June 1st.









The views are AMAZING everywhere I look!!!




This is just one of the incredible views of the city captured from 135 meters high (approximately 405 feet or 34 stories). According to the London Eye's website, that's about 64 of the iconic red telephone boxes piled on top of each other.





No comments:

Post a Comment