Sunday, June 7, 2009

BATH...

The beautiful city of Bath!

Bath Abbey, right outside the entrance to the baths.


One of the many statues on the second floor that overlooks the main outdoor bath.


I loved this bridge area over the River Avon, which we were told is actually quite redundant, since avon means river.





These are the backs of some very old homes that are just across a little park in front of the river.



Of course I had to stop and admire the cute little swan family!





This is the famous Sally Lunn house, which is the oldest home in Bath, circa 1482. She lived there in 1680 and became famous making the Sally Lunn Bun.


I loved these tiny little alley-ways. Of course, not all of them were this pretty and tidy.

I can almost imagine a horse-drawn carriage riding through this street, back in the day!


I loved this old wall, especially when I realized it was bordering an art supply store! :)




These cobble-stone streets were FANTASTIC! I wanted to get a really good view for you! :D


One of my favorite store fronts...

...and another...

I'm so sad The Pig & Fiddle sign is facing the other way on this pic! I think it would have been perfect otherwise! (Photoshop for some other time!)


One of my favorite home-fronts!


I couldn't help but notice the irony of this intersection! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment