Wednesday, June 24, 2009

LOCH NESS HIGHLANDER TOUR...

All I have to say is "WOW!"
Another Jen and I took a Loch Ness Highlander tour! It basically took us through the interior of Scotland in a giant circle. Starting at Edinburgh, through Stirling, Fort William, along Loch Ness into Inverness, and then back down through Perth on the way home to Edinburgh.



We saw so many waterfalls on the trip there and back!



This guy was playing on the side of the road at one of the scenic stops.



The landscape here was so gorgeous! I had a hard time putting my camera down, but then was frequently disappointed with the quality of pictures that came from being behind the bus window while cruising through the terrain. There are definitely advantages to driving yourself!



I loved seeing these locks! I had heard of them before, but never seen one. This area had 6 in a row. They're used to raise or lower the boats so that they can travel the channel in either direction.

I managed to have my camera ready to go, just in time to catch a pic of this watchtower along the river as we sped over the bridge!

It's hard to tell in this photo, but can you see the little glimmers in the terrain? (Beyond the reflection of the window) There were a million little streams streaking down the hill! I thought it was so beautiful...it looks like the hill is oozing water.



I hate to put this on here, but it's the best I could get...can you see the castle in the center? We passed so many of these awesome little castles tucked away among the trees! (Little of course from my perspective!) Sadly, there were only brief moments, when there weren't trees along the side of the road, to be able to snap a quick pic. I figured capturing them would at least be worth a try!
Another one...
And another....
I actually had time to zoom in on this one! :D Some of the girls are planning a castle tour on Saturday, but I already have plans for lots of activities in town, so I'm afraid I'll have to pass. Besides, day trips are really exhausting! Traveling for 3-4 hours just to turn around and travel another 3-4 hours back isn't very much fun, even though the landscape is DEFINITELY worth it! This just means I'll have to come back with my own transportation so I can stay at various places along the journey! :) I could spend an eternity in Scotland! (Oh how I wish it was Ireland! I would love to be able to claim THIS land as that of my ancestors!)

No comments:

Post a Comment