Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Holyrood Palace


I absolutely loved this little house! I wish I could bring it home with me! :D

This is the Holyrood Palace, the Queen's summer home.


This fountain behind me was GREAT! I wish it had been running. The figures in the center tier had some beautifully weathered copper accent pieces, such as swords. The bright green tarnished parts looked so beautiful against the mossy green and brown of the fountain. There's a garden sculpture with a similar effect a little later down.




Once again...my obsession with old, ruined cathedrals! :D They make me so happy! (Creepy though if you really think about it!)






This is the other piece I was talking about. Can you see the beautifully weathered copper sundial?

I found the wear on this one to be particularly intriguing. The setting was quite serene too. I can almost hear the music!



No comments:

Post a Comment