Saturday, June 20, 2009

CITY TOUR POST 2 OF ?

This is one of the oldest houses of Edinburgh. I believe this will be on my agenda for next weekend.





I love the incredibly decorative Widow's Walk on these last two buildings!


I loved the story about this one. The dog's owner passed away when the dog was still very young, so everyday the dog would follow the same path of the funeral procession through town, until the dog also aged and died. Cute and sad at the same time!




I love these rounded, triangular-shaped corners where the buildings are only several feet across.



The steeple on the right in a shape similar to that of a crown is one of my favorites, but I haven't been able to get a good, close-up picture of it yet.


This is another one of the oldest houses in Edinburgh, which I also think I'll be touring this weekend, but I don't have any idea which one it is right now.


In the distance you can see the beautiful, rounded tops of the school building that inspired the Hogwarts school in J.K. Rowling's "Harry Potter". I'm eager to get a better look at it later this week, but all of the tour buses only let you catch a glimpse! :(


This is the Firth of Forth. I think that may be the Forth Bridge way out in the distance. I plan to go on a Seafari Adventure this weekend, which will take us in a high speed inflatable raft out to a little island called Inchkeith to view wildlife. I may be taking a historical cruise up it on a much slower craft this weekend as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment