Monday, June 29, 2009

CRUISE FROM QUEENSFERRY TO INCHCOLM ISLAND...

Some new friends, Mallory and Chelsey, and I went on a half day cruise to Inchcolm Island. We departed from a quaint little town called Queensferry! This town has to be my second favorite next to Bray in Ireland! The cobblestone streets and proximity to the rolling green hills and the rocky beaches are highly alluring selling points.
(It's still so freaking cold and windy and wet though!)





Of course I couldn't resist doing a little beach combing while waiting for our boat to arrive! :)
I found some awesome beach glass that I can't wait to turn into jewelry! =)

This town was sooooo cute! I love the combination of cobblestones, flowers and bright colored walls and decorative, iron railings!
(I know these walls are just white, but most of them are colored.)

I loved the sound the car tires made on the road. I could hear a car long before I ever saw it!
They did seem to drive very fast down these incredibly narrow roads though!

The fog was incredible! The bridges looked like they just evaporated!


Here's the first signs of Inchcolm Island.


And an aerial map that was posted in the visitor center.



We saw lots of baby seagulls! The adults were very protective! The yelled at us the whole time we were on this side of the island.


The guide recommended that we go through the tunnel to the other side.


It was VERY dark, and after having just been on a ghost tour, I decided to use my flash to confirm that there were no vampires hanging above this large foyer, after the first archway in the tunnel, waiting to pounce on me!
(I know...I know...scaredy cat!)


I was so happy to see the light at the other end of the tunnel! The floor was dirt, and it was so uneven that I had to walk through it very slowly so I didn't trip.


There were a lot more baby seagulls on this side! I have to say, they look nothing like their parents!

There were so many adult seagulls hovering over the area, clearly announcing our intrusion to the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment