Friday, June 19, 2009

SCOTLAND...



This was my first view of Scotland! It was funny...we flew to London first, and then over to Edinburgh, and I was so tired, that when we were over London, I thought to myself..."This doesn't look anything like Scotland...in fact, this looks just like London!" Of course, I remembered nearly as soon as I finished thinking that to myself that we were over London! LOL



This is where we're staying!


This was my first real view of the campus! Soooo pretty!
We got all excited thinking we were staying in this building, but then we were also pleasantly surprised to find out we were staying in the modern building below.


The big glass windows are the common rooms where we can cook meals or hang out and watch tv. The one closest to my room is the one on the second floor! We're even having class in there, since they didn't book us enough classrooms here!
The modern building is the Reception Center. They rent the dorms out like hotels during the summer. It's nice because we have housekeeping services, but since they didn't book enough rooms for the honors group and the communications group, I got stuck with a roommate after all! Oh well! I got lucky up until now!


This is our bathroom...


And my desk area, where I've chosen to unpack. I left my roommate the closet and nightstand on the other side of the room.


We have a fantastic view of "Arthur's Seat." I haven't been hiking up it yet, but plan to before we leave.



This is looking out the window a little to the left.

On the first day, one of my friends and I ventured down the road to look for postcards. I didn't find any, but we saw a nice rainbow instead! :) Tourist attractions seem to close around 5pm and bars are open late, but all the shops boast that they're open late...which would be 8pm! Oh well!
We had class our first day in town, and as soon as that was over, I hopped on the bus to head downtown. I signed up for a hop-on/hop-off tour, and took all 4 tours back to back! Today I headed back into town to do a 3-day Edinburgh pass, but after the first few things got botched, I decided to save that for next weekend. (I haven't had a chance to use it yet...and it doesn't start counting down until the first time I use it) Instead, I think I'll check out the Edinburgh Castle, and all the free museums and things. The next day, I think I'll take the Loch Ness Highlander tour.
I have some great pics from my city tours, but among all the other issues, our wireless isn't up and running, so I'm confined to the crappy computer lab hours. Maybe I'll get a chance to post those tomorrow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment