Saturday, June 20, 2009

EDINBURGH CITY TOUR - PART ONE OF ?

Yesterday I went on all four of the hop-on/hop-off buses. I have way too many pictures of the city, but I'll get you started with this post.







The roof lines everywhere are so beautiful! I especially love all of the finials on top of so many of the roofs.


I don't know what any of these buildings are yet, but will try to point them out if I do know.


Wasn't this adorable? This is just outside the Queen's summer home. I may be going there today, so hopefully I'll get a better look and description for you!


I thought they said this belonged to the groundskeepers of the Queen's summer home, but I could be wrong.



This is the Scottish Houses of Parliament. We'll be sitting in on their meetings earlier this week. I can't wait to see the building's interior, as well as check out the hearings. I wonder what they'll be talking about?

This is the gate to the Queen's summer home, also known as the Holyrood House. I'll be seeing that later today!

This is the other side of the hill right near where we're staying. If it's not too windy tonight, I may go up it tonight. I wanted to yesterday, but the wind was blowing so hard, and I was already feeling so wind-blown that I decided I have a full week to make my way up it.


You can barely start to see the house here...I think there's a better picture of the other side further down.

I think this has to be the ugliest church I've seen yet. Ironically, I think it's one that a royal person built for another royal person...hey...give me a break...it's VERY confusing to keep all this stuff straight! Whoever it was, I think they have very gaudy taste!



This is one of my favorite houses with all the essential architectural elements. It has the clock, the cute little windows...the cute little round side thing, and a lovely little finial on top of the cone roof! On top of that all, it's built with such beautiful bricks! PERFECT! I actually think this is one of the houses I'll be touring next weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I love the new pictures!!! The architecture is so cool! I hope your having fun : ) The house/castle looks like a cartoon : P

    ReplyDelete