Friday, June 12, 2009

DAY TOUR TO GIANT'S CAUSEWAY...

I heard it was 30 Euros to take a taxi into the city from where we're staying at UCD. I talked to a store clerk here, and he said it was about a 45 minute walk, so I decided I would just roller-blade into town to catch my 5:45a bus for my day tour to Giant's Causeway!


Of course I would have taken the city bus, but the earliest one didn't arrive until 6:30a. Besides, I thought it would be fun! I googled it the night before and it was 4.4 miles. Based on the store clerks estimate to walk, I decided it would take me about half an hour to roller-blade there, so I left at 4:45a. (I hadn't thought to use my own known time of about 10-15 minutes per mile, instead I just blindly took his estimate as to how long it should take me! Oops! I arrived with 2 minutes to spare before they were going to leave without me at 6a.)


It's so early, I'm so tired, but I'm so happy I made it TODAY and didn't need to reschedule!


This was my first real site outside of the city of Dublin, WOW IRELAND! Since we went straight from the airport to the college, and some classmates and I only ventured into town the first day. I loved seeing a cool, dilapidated tower for my very first thing!


And all the shades of green!



And then the water in this beautiful inlet catching the first rays of morning sun!


And some more green!

And more!



The coach was pretty comfy, and I think I was starting to wake up a little by now!

FINALLY...the first sign of the North coast! I was getting so excited now! After we met the tour company and got on the tour coach in Belfast, our first stop was the Carrick-a-rede bridge! (about an hour and a half later!)


It was such a clear day that we could see Scotland!

Can you imagine how excited I was by now? I was practically jumping in my seat! Only a few more minutes and I was going to be breathing the fresh Irish Ocean AIR!

No comments:

Post a Comment