Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Powerscourt Gardens...

I went on a South Coast and Powerscourt Gardens tour today. I accidentally signed up for the wrong tour and wasn't really sure what to expect, but I ended up loving it all! We travelled along the coast stopping at some great beachside towns. My favorite was Bray. We even went through Dun Laoghaire (pronounced Dunn Leerie or Leera as some say)...the town where Hillary Swank's character stayed in the movie PS I Love You! :) That was fun to know.



This is the beach in Bray where I hope to purchase my second home...err...first home! =) It was so beautiful here, and then so close to the amazing Wicklow mountains.


I love this picture, but you can definitely see in my eyes that I've had one too many days of 14 hour sight-seeing! Today I had to settle for a half day tour. The rest of the gang went to Blarney Castle. While I'm sad I didn't go with them, I was seriously concerned for my health the day before, from lack of sleep!

YUP...my second home! =) I'd suffer through all the afternoon sprinkles for this...I think!



We finally reached Powerscourt gardens. Not a long drive compared to the two days before, but still, 1 1/2 hours is a decent bus ride!








I loved the perspective on this gate. I don't think that was very common for this era.


This gate led to my favorite garden. While the more formal gardens are still very beautiful to look at, this one seems so much more welcoming. :)



I asked the bee if he would mind if I took his picture here...he said no, but asked me not to tag him on Facebook! LOL



I though this flower was INCREDIBLE! It looks just like a painting to me!



I don't think I've ever seen a blue and white iris!

This picture sums up Ireland for me...the rich vibrant colors, and the mixed clear, gently cloudy and rainy skies all in one!









This is inside the castle. It was in various stages of repair, and had been turned into more of a shopping complex, with high-end textiles and furnishings. The castle is adjacent to a Ritz Carlton, where I would happily stay next time I'm in Ireland! =)



No comments:

Post a Comment