Sunday, June 28, 2009

SOME OF MY FAVORITES...














There was a neat little structure in one of the gardens that was completely made of seashells on the interior. I think there's a picture of me in it on the Royal Botanical Garden posting.
Of course, these were my favorites! Especially after having just been to Ireland! :) The little flowers remind me of mini roses, and ice cream cones!!!




I think this is the "thistle" which I also think is Scotland's country flower. It's on everything around here!


This one was CRAZY! I still hardly believe it's real! It looked like someone gathered up a bunch of fallen leaves, tied them together, and then hung them from the tree. There were only a few of these leaf clusters on the entire tree. BIZARRE!
This water flower is gigantic! Not quite as big as the one two more pictures down, but I would have to pick this up with both hands!
This one is GIGANTIC! The strange green thing in the center is seriously the size of a shower head...you know, the standard 2-3 in. in diameter kind? I could probably wear the petals for shoes!
These ones always creep me out! The root system looks like a centipede to me! YUCK!
And this looks like a toucan's bill got stuck in a flower!

No comments:

Post a Comment