Wednesday, June 10, 2009

MY FAVORITE FOOD FROM LONDON...

While we were in London, watching Billy Elliot, the grandmother made quite an obsessive reference to something called a pastie. Of course, loving food the way I do, I set myself on a mission to find one! I didn't have to look very far...nearly every corner bakery sold them! I tried one and thought it was DISGUSTING! I have no idea what all the fuss is about! But, the next day I tried a roasted chicken lattice, and OMG that was the most FANTASTIC thing I have ever eaten! I seem to have a preference toward things like chicken fried chicken, and chicken pot pit...well this is the most perfect combination of them both! It's like a chicken pot pie, double the pie! It has a nice crispy, flaky crust, similar to the best parts of a croissant, and then the one I had was filled with a delicious blend of roasted chicken and a creamy gravy. There were no other vegetables in site, but to me it tasted just like a chicken pot pie! It's the perfect eat for a ten minute ride on the tube! I can't wait to experiment making them when I get home! :) YUM!



No comments:

Post a Comment