Monday, June 22, 2009

LAURISTON CASTLE...

Last Friday I got a 3-day Edinburgh pass, and was so excited to go see the Edinburgh Castle, but the sales person informed me that the pass didn't include that castle. Since I set out earlier that morning in the mood to see a castle, I decided to head to the nearest one that WAS included with pass. After the hour bus drive, I showed up at the front door, only to realize that they're closed on Fridays! Oh well, I was already there, and didn't intend to come back just for that, so I decided to take a look around the exterior at least! It was kind of nice having the grounds nearly all to myself! :D



I love the spirals around the window arches!


I would love to have a greenhouse like this! :D I didn't see anything in the windows, so I decided it wasn't worth taking the walk toward it. :(


I think this may have been a guest house, but now it houses the restrooms and a gift shop.

The backyard had the most amazing view of the water!


I couldn't resist taking a few moments to soak it all up, while being surrounded by all the beautiful colors!



There was even a "secret" Japanese garden. The flowers dripping from the terrace behind me lured me right in!


I really enjoyed hanging out in here!



Heading back around to the front of the property, there was this enticing little walkway surrounded with trees and foliage!

No comments:

Post a Comment