Monday, June 22, 2009

EDINBURGH CASTLE

After my plans got botched the day before, and I didn't make it back into town until after noon, I decided to save my 3-day pass for the next weekend, and move everything I was going to do next weekend to this weekend. So, I went to see Edinburgh Castle after all! :)



Too many damned tourists! Ironic isn't it? LOL...I did get frustrated several times with how many freaking tourists there were, but then I guess I can't complain! I've resorted to just purchasing postcards of the places I really wanted pictures of, since they have a tendency to not have any or at least not so many tourists in them.

I especially appreciated the "Royal" accents even present on the rain drains here! :D

The views over the edge were AMAZING! It was so nice to see everything from this perspective. Especially since I had taken the bus tours a few days earlier, and could actually recognize some of the buildings.


Is it wrong to wear an Ireland shirt in Scotland? I don't care! I wish Scotland was Ireland! I think Scotland is soooo beautiful, but just don't feel the same connection here that I did in Ireland!

It was crazy to imagine back to a time when a knight on a horse was traveling down the same path that I was taking! (That wasn't just in the story books?) Kind of creepy though...I'll come home having heard my fill of stories of beheadings! People during this time were a gruesome bunch! YUCK!



I thought it was cool to end my tour of the castle seeing a modern day form of transportation moving through the cobblestone pathways! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment